Discus Madness wants you to be successful as we are with your Aquarium plants, introducing our line of plant supplements.
Phosphate + Potassium are the most important Macro Nutriments required by plants and can often become the limiting factors to growth in a flourishing system.
0.76 grams of Mono-Potassium-Phosphate (KH2 – PO4) will add 1.4 ppm of Phosphate and 0.58 grams of Potassium to 100 gallons.
Directions: 5 ml (1 Teaspoon or 1 Cupful) three times a week per 100 gallons not together with Iron.
For healthy plants, keep Phosphate at 1.4 ppm
Other factors to achieve a healthy planted aquarium include:
- Appropriate substrate for root growth
- Full spectrum lighting at least 12 hours per day
- Temperature should be between 75-84° Fahrenheit
- pH between 6.2-7.4
- Five degrees KH (carbonate hardness)
- Eight degrees GH (general hardness)
- CO2 levels as high as possible, but lower than 40 mg
- Low to zero surface turbulence to help retain CO2
- 25% water changes every week